Friday, August 13, 2004

I Have Arrived

I am now officially in Israel. Whoohoo! The Garin is great (although sometimes I feel like a 12 year old). I have been quite busy trying to get established - I still need a bank account and a cell phone. The group is meeting with army reps on Sunday and Monday so I'll know a lot more after that. My internet connection is not as consistently available as I had been led to believe, but my Kibbutz family is very nice is is letting me use their connection. I'd tell lots of interesting and funny stories, but I've been too busy to take note of every ridiculous thing that has gone on. The Kibbutz is beautiful and less than a 5 minute walk from the Kinneret and the Jordan river. I'd post pictures, but I left my camera charger at home (oops) - don't worry, it will be here soon. Also, I'm now completely fluent in Hebrew.........or not. But I really want to be. Hopefully that will happen sometime soon in the next three months.

Thanks to all that wrote me supportive notes while I was packing and thanks to all who have already written.

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are getting settled. Do you want me to send the photo charger? Let me know. Tell us more about your kibbutz family and what you will be doing on kibbutz. How many other kids from America are with you? Loved your post and look forward to them. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home