Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I-Crazy

Last week, for Sukkot, I traveled to Haifa to visit my friend Avi. For those who don't know Avi, we went to elementary school together and have been friends ever since. He is now in Israel employed by Microsoft Israel and has been living in the Dan Panorama hotel until he sets up his apartment. Speaking of which, one of my primary tasks during my time in Haifa was to help Avi buy furniture for his new place. To that end, on Friday morning (chag is only one day in Israel) we woke up early and arrived at Ikea at a quarter past nine. To put it simply, the place was a mad house. There must have been thousands of people there. Literally. And it only got worse as the day went on. By the time we had selected a recliner, a wall closet, and a tv stand, found the items on the shelves, and checked out, almost four hours had gone by (about an hour and a half of which was spent waiting in line). Like I said, it was a mad house. A crazy Swedish madhouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home