Friday, September 03, 2004

My Thai No More

One of the reasons why I decided to come back to Israel was the food. While there is no question that Taam China will always be considered fine dining in my book, the cornucopia of Kosher food that Israel offers in unsurpassed. That is why, upon visiting Jerusalem for the first time since I returned to Israel, I couldn't wait to hit up my favorite Kosher Thai establishment. However, much to my dismay, what was once an authentic Thai restaurant, has been transformed into an Israeli run sushi and Thai joint. Honestly, I sat down on the curb and cried. Some dreams die hard.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell me you're talking about Thai BaMoshava? One of my favorite restaurants ever! I'm jealous that you can go to Yerushalayim. Next time you go, tell her I say hi! Good luck with all the army red tape. Keep us posted!
~Meg L ;o)

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam-- when you're in Tel Aviv next, visit "Shangrila" at the Astor Hotel on Hayarkon St -- very good Thai food. http://www.kosherblog.net/index.php?itemid=157

Also, visit eLuna.com for kosher restaurant coupons.

Hope all is well... Jabbett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home