Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I Love My Boston Sports

Beyond the people in the States, there is not much that I especially miss. I tend to be relatively Spartan, and while the "American lifestyle" is a little cushier than my small Kibbutz apartment (which I share with my roommate Jason) I find that I can live happily without many of the superfluous perks. However, one thing that I do miss, is Boston sports (and other Boston sports fans). That is why this week has been especially awesome. On Sunday, Middle East TV picked up the CBS feed of the Patriots game and I was able to see the Pats romp over the Buffalo Bills. Even better, on Tuesday night, ESPN broadcast the Red Sox - Angels playoff game live! The only things I was missing was other Red Sox fans to celebrate with and some Yankee fans to mock.

2 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. This has been a great week for Boston sports. The Sox won two and the Pats tied the record for consecutive wins.
It would be great to watch the games together.
Love ya and miss ya. Dad

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, there are plenty of us here on the east coast who plan on cheering and screaming loudly enough each time the Sox win, for you to hear us in Israel (and it would be my pleasure to mock some Yankees fans for you)
Rachel :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home