Saturday, October 16, 2004

Interview #1

This past Tuesday I traveled, along with about ten other Garin members to Tel-Aviv to be interviewed by the Diplomatic Corps. We also had to take an admission test that everyone trying to get into the unit take. The test was basically formality as the unit had already determined that we are all excellent candidates for the position. The interviews were basically brief and were meant to give the commanding officer a chance to meet each of us face to face. In my interview the officer informed me that if I serve in the unit I would be serving in Tel Aviv (at the same base where the interview was being conducted) and working in the research division. Because the unit wants us so badly, it has offered to let us stay on special rooms on the base. Here is the dilemma: Have really interesting job in the army with good opportunities for advancement vs. living on a base with no amenities where everyone else gets to go home after work but I stay on the base. Please direct all comments at the link below.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, Are you saying that if you take a diplomatic position on the base at Tel Aviv, you would have to stay on base by yourself and could not live in an apartment in Tel Aviv, like living with Avi? How is Avi? Someday, I hope to talk to you directly. love mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home