Saturday, December 04, 2004

Thanksgiving in Israel

A number of things happened in the past week and a half, among them the American holiday of Thanksgiving. Believe it or not, they don't make quite as big deal about the holiday here in Israel. Fortunately, I was able to celebrate the heck out of the holiday. On Thursday I traveled to Jerusalem for a Thanksgiving party hosted by Nativ (the pre-college program that I was on 5 years ago). The party was a mini-reunion of sorts and it was nice to see some of my friends and staff members from the program who are currently in Israel. Oh yeah, and I ate turkey and stuffing. I spent Shabbat with my friend Michelle, who hosted a Thanksgiving themed Shabbat dinner (complete with an 18 pound turkey). On Shabbat afternoon we walked to one of Michelle's friends house for, you guessed it, a Thanksgiving Shabbat lunch. I had a great time celebrating the holiday, and I now weigh 250 pounds. God bless those Pilgrims.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home