Thursday, November 11, 2004

Score!

Every Friday, before Shabbat, I play soccer with a bunch of people who live on the Kibbutz. The players range in age from 17 to mid- 30's, and we play on a beautiful grass soccer field (but use smaller 6 on 6 style goals). The skill level is pretty high, and while most of the Kibbutz players have little formal training as a team, they have excellent ball skills. They can also be pretty physical. So far I've played pretty well, and I improve each week as I become more confidant in my skills and more comfortable with the Kibbutzniks. Last Friday, for the first time ever in Kibbutz play, I scored a goal. It wasn't a picturesque 20 yard laser beam strike, but it was a good effort goal where I beat the goal keeper to the ball, and kindly deposited it behind him. I am now apart of some large Kibbutz "boys club" where the better only the better soccer players are aloud. I would elaborate about my induction - which involved several beautiful Kibbutz women, and bottle of scotch, some paper clips, and a glue gun - but this is a family blog.

3 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Friday night crowd here is proud of you!

Chris

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAZAL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR THE DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANNY ERICKSON WOULD BE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ADAM!!!!!!!!LOVE, MOM

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this Adam Shain? This is Danny Erickson. Congrats on your goal (if this is you)...say hello some time....ericksond@cantonma.org.

If this isn't the right Adam....my bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home