Thursday, September 15, 2005

Teaser

One of my courses at Brandeis focused on how news is marketed and presented in different forms of media. For example, in television, news programs use "teasers," or short clips and headlines of upcoming news stories, to pique a viewer's interest and deter the viewer from flipping channels. In my case, I want the viewer to hit my site over and over again in anticipation of new exciting details of my life. In reality, however, my blog rarely works that way because I tend to live a pretty boring, down to Earth type of life. This week however I've got some material that will really knock your socks off. That's right. Big army news. The kind you can't miss.

In the meantime, here is a quick little anecdote: The other night in the army we ended up staying late photocopying, printing, and collating packets for a meeting the next morning. The task literally took hours as we coped with faulty copy machines and printing miscues. Not to mention have to collate everything by hand. If we had one halfway decent self-collating copier it would have saved us a ridiculous amount of time. Of all the things I miss from America, I never would have guessed that quality office equipment would have made my list. But it does now. That and Kinkos.

Remember, stay tuned for BIG NEWS (the capitalization increases the emphasis) about the army. And about my court martial. That will be coming up too.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home