Monday, September 19, 2005

Another Exception

I'll get to the big news. I swear. But first I have to relate my frustration with the Israeli healthcare system. The last time I received Remicade, about a month and a half ago, I was forced to pick up the medication in Tiberius - two and a half hours away from Tel Aviv (where the actual infusion was to take place). This time around I figured it would be simpler to pick up the medicine in Tel Aviv. My HMO had other ideas. This time, I will have to travel to Tzfat, almost four hours away, to get the medicine.

The funniest past of this whole ordeal was that the receptionist at the HMO branch referred me to the HMO's central phone service to get the pharmacy's phone number. When I contacted the central service I was informed that there is no HMO pharmacy in Tzfat. I hat the Israeli health care system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home