Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Card Times

The other day I received a birthday card from my family. It had taken a while to get to Israel and then I had to pick it up at the local post office. Why would I have to go pick up a birthday card you might ask. It's because this was one big birthday card. It had to be that big to contain all of the love that my family sent me. At least that was what the card said. When I was looking at the card I was trying to remember the last time my family had sent me one of the giant cards. I remembered being on Kibbutz, but I just couldn't place to occasion. Then it hit me. I received one for my birthday last year. It seems hard to believe that I've been in Israel for that long. For some reason two birthdays seems somehow substantial. That revelation plus the warm notes made me a little homesick. Thanks everyone for sharing your best wishes and love over the course of the last two months.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy that you liked the card. We love you and miss you. love, mom

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love you. it's just been a while since i had time to write. miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home