Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm New At This

I guess now that I am married I am supposed to suddenly become domestic. Apparently that includes a membership into the master grillworkers club. Now I can cook up a wicked hotdog or burger, and even do a decent job with steak, but I am a relative newcomer as far as barbecuing chicken is concerned. This wouldn't be such a bad thing except that we were counting on this instantaneous expertise the other night for dinner. Needless to say, it didn't go well. I think the coals I used (a generic matchlight knock off) didn't burn very hot, and I might not have used enough of them. After a ridiculously long time the chicken appeared to be cooked through, but the meat thermometer never hit about 130 degrees Fahrenheit. The results were mixed at best, and took several HOURS to produce. The good news is that things can only get better. Unless they get worse and I give somebody food poisoning.

Anyone have any bbq chicken tips?

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

ADAM,

I am so impressed that you have written blog entries... it's about time :)

With Chicken:

Make sure the coals are super super hot (i only buy matchlight...)
Marinate the chicken. It just makes everything better.


Good luck!

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam, sometimes we microwave the chicken so that when we put it on the grill, it is not completely raw. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home