Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Holidays and New Beginnings

A few weeks ago I celebrated the Jewish holiday of Shavuot in Jerusalem with several friends. To be in Jerusalem for Shavuot is special because not only are you in Jerusalem for one of the pilgrimage holidays, but after a traditional all night study marathon you can join thousands of people walking down to the Western Wall to pray as the sun rises. That's what we did. It was great. Almost equally exciting was the fact that Shavuot morning happened to be fairly cool. Last year it was excruciatingly hot. You can imagine that staying up all night, trying to focus while praying, and then having to walk home in oppressive heat can detract somewhat from the overall religious experience.

The holiday of Shavuot commemorates receiving the Torah at Mount Sinai. It is a new beginning of sorts, and as such, I will highlight the fact that I have recently begun searching for a new job. Yep, my time at ITS has come to a close and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my life. I've considered most aspects of business, consulting, working for a non-profit or a think-tank, politics among other things but to be honest I'm still not sure exactly what I want to do. I want to contribute and have responsibility. I want to be able to think and problem solve. Making a boatload of money would be nice too. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the HR person at Shalem Center just left, so I don't have a contact there anymore...although I'm still working for them.

I'll keep you in mind

 

Post a Comment

<< Home