Friday, April 14, 2006

Pessach Ramblings

First off I would like to thank everyone who commented on my last post. If you didn't comment last time don't fret, you can comment on this one.

Secondly, being in Israel I only had one Seder this year. Awesome.

What wasn't awesome was the difficulty I had of doing my Passover shopping this year. You would think that it's easier to find Kosher for Passover food in Israel, but it's just not true. At least not in the neighborhoods in which Michelle and I tend to shop. There was lots of non-Kosher for Passover food and the food that was Kosher seemed haphazardly placed throughout the supermarkets (we went to 2 different ones). To top it all off, there was no maple syrup, pancake mixes, or cake mixes. There wasn't even any tomato sauce (I had to buy tomato paste for making matza pizza). I guess because there are Kosher restaurants open the supermarkets figure you can just eat out. I guess next year I'll just have to shop in Meah Shearim (a super ultra-orthodox neighborhood).

So happy Passover to all of you in the states. Enjoy your Kosher for Passover supermarkets and aisles. Would you trade them for only one night of Seder and some Kosher restaurants?

5 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd give up crappy passover food in the states in a second for a chance to spend passach in Israel.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

next year there will be two sets of parents - have them send you a package of food that you know tht you can't get in isreal - pancake syrup, etc. the food comes out early enough

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am your secret stalker and you haven't even tried to figure out who i am. i love you and miss you.

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would totally trade the KFP aisles for only one day of chag!

especially b/c...

I BOUGHT NON-KOSHER-FOR-PASSOVER MATZAH!!! WHO MAKES NON-KOSHER-FOR-PASSOVER MATZAH?!?!?!? HONESTLY!!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!?!?
so now i'm stuck with 2 boxes of matzah that i can't eat except for when i don't need to eat matzah. bastards.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Avi said...

The lesson is don't go to Super HaMoshava. Or, at least, that's where I presume you went ... maybe SuperDeal.

We had the same problem w/ the tomato paste except after buying it we found KP kosher for passover sauce (although it was only marked KP in the Hebrew sticker and not the original American label, which seems a bit sketch)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home