Tuesday, April 04, 2006

How Time Flies

Oh what difference a month makes. It seems like only yesterday my fingers were type type typing away, informing everyone of my new job and reflecting on my old one. In the spirit of a new baseball season (which began yesterday for Red Sox fans) I suggest we start with a clean slate and let bygones be bygones. We should squabble no more about who blogged when and who commented last, but rather stand united in our dream of another Red Sox championship and consistent blogging/commenting. With this noble ideal in mind, I will be the bigger person and take the first step towards making our dream a reality.

The last month has been a pretty eventful one. But before I get into all the details though let me shed some light on my new employment situation. I work for a start-up company by the name of Internet Traffic Solutions. We do internet marketing and I specifically work with web analytics and pay-per-click marketing campaigns. Because I don't really have much work experience, and virtually none in this field, I have been learning a ton. It really is a whole new world. One advantage I do have is that the web analytics is similar to research I conducted for my Master's degree. Basically, you have a bunch of data and you try to make sense of it. I can do that. There is also a fair amount of testing/research done in optimizing a web site's usability. And as we all know, a web site that is easier to use is going to be more profitable. It has also been really interesting to see the inner-workings of a start up. It's amazing how fluid and fast-paced the life of a new business is.

OK, I did my part. Now you all have to visit my site repeatedly and leave comments. Then I'll post again. I promise. Seriously. I already have the next post written.

6 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll start with the comments. How can it be similar to your Masters project research?? You didn't really do that much--and if I remember correctly, Bob-o gave it to you just to get rid of you. Go Cubs!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Low blow dude. Now it's my turn, and it comes in the form of two words and two letters. Prior. Wood. DL. Hello!

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its ok, we're used it already. Two games into the season...Wait til next year! But I've got money on 2008, the 100th anniverisary of the last one.

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLOG!

(Is that enough of a comment to get you to blog again?)

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really want to get to the marrow of web usability, subscribe to Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox newsletter and read everything on his site.

And if you have any tips on how I can earn more revenue from Kosher Blog's Google Ads, do tell! :)

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boston suck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home