Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Joe Did Oato Did Joe (Dum Doo Doh Doh Doh Doh)

The other evening Michelle and I were invited to an a cappella show in which one of our friends was performing (and the musical director). We both really enjoyed the show. For me, the show was also somewhat nostalgic. I was a proud member of Manginah, Brandeis’s co-ed Jewish a cappella group, for four years but have not sung in an organized capacity since then. I must admit that I miss it. The dohs, the jingas, the bow-wows. I miss them all. And don’t get me started on vocal percussion. I’ve recently started looking for a group to sing with so maybe I’ll reclaim my glory days and relive my recently departed youth. Maybe we’ll even take a world tour….of the east coast.

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best. Post Title. Ever.

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Memories, like the corner of my mind...

Someone actually called me today and said "I heard 'Every Morning' on the radio and was thinking of you."

HA!

Hope you're doing well.
Jaime

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger tafka PP said...

Wow - I should check your blog more often!!

Glad we inspired this feeling, even though we were sorely lacking in voice percussion ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home