Friday, April 28, 2006

On Point Part 1

Over the past few weeks I have been encouraging (ok, demanding) that people respond to my blogs by posting comments. My purpose for this obstinacy is to try to create a more interactive "community" of AdamArmy readers. Instead of me speaking and you all checking in on my life, I would like to engage in more of a two-way conversation.

In the spirit of comments I would like to take a look at some of the ones I have received.

First off, I would like to juxtapose the two comments on my last post. They both represent (in my opinion) reactions to my request for comments. To summarize, the first comment criticized me for demanding comments and said (in a joking tone) that if I blogged more frequently and about more interesting subjects I would stand a better chance of receiving feedback. The second comment inquired as to how I "broke" Passover (in a popular Italian restaurant near our apartment - not to exciting, but very tasty).

One post was negative. One post was constructive. My demands for comments is not forcing you to think of some response to my post (although they are always welcome). It is also your vehicle for digging a little deeper into my life. It gives you a modicum of control over the content of this blog. Unless I don't want to address your post. Then you're just plum out of luck

I was going to tell a story relating to a comment from several posts ago, but I think this post is long enough, so check back in the next day or two for part 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home