Monday, January 15, 2007

It Was Golden

Oh what a night. Late December nineteen eighty-eeeee. What a very special time for me. 'Cause I was born on such a night. That's right. In case anyone forgot (or didn't know) I recently celebrated a birthday. But not just any birthday, it was my golden birthday. To anyone who doesn't know what that is, feel free to send me gold. Bullion is acceptable. Bars are preferable. For those of you who are too sly to fall for my clever rouse, I'll save you the trouble of looking up "golden birthday" in wikipedia. A golden birthday is when your age is the same as the day of the month you were born on. I turned 26 on Dec. 26th. That made me golden.

I didn't get awesome cosmic powers or Eddie Murphy to be my personal comedic savior, but I did get nice gifts from friends and family and a nice dinner out with Michelle.

4 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened?

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you post on Jan 20? That day hasn't happened yet!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I was playing around to see if Blogger would let me write a future post and "hide" it until a predetermined time (this is common in many content management systems). Needless to say, it does not. I originally posted a blog titled "test" with text "test" and the date 1/20/07. When I saw that it didn't work I deleted the text and changed the title to the title of the current post so that anyone looking now would only see the new title and not me testing out Blogger's functionality. I apparatly forgot to change the date back before publishing the new post.

There were a few anceint rituals and some voodoo chanting involved too. But I skipped over that part.

Aren't you glad you asked.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have thought you would be on cloud nine after the patriots win. so far, bears and patriots are hopefully looking good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home