Friday, December 24, 2004

Me Driving Crazy

In order to transfer my American license to an Israeli one I had to travel to Haifa where the the regional licensing bureau is located. I had intended for a quick surgical strike in and out of the city because I had to wake up early to travel to Tel Aviv the next day. However, when my plans where pushed back to near lunch time I decided to call my best friend Avi (who lives in Haifa) to see if he wanted to have lunch. Over the course of the meal Avi suggested that instead of traveling back to Degania and having to wake up early to catch a bus to Tel Aviv I stay with him overnight and take the train to Tel Aviv from Haifa. Unfortunately, I hadn't planned on an overnight stay in Haifa and had left many things I needed for the next day in Degania. To solve this problem, Avi lent me his car. I drove back to Degania, took care of some business, packed my bag and drove back in time to pick Avi up from work. We then proceeded to have dinner and play Halo 2 for a loooong time. We also reached the decision that instead of taking the train the next day I would again borrow Avi's car and drive to my appointment. The plan worked out marvelously as I slept more, paid less (in travel costs), and returned in time for to have lunch with Avi. My next plan to seduce and convert Jessica Biel didn't work out quite as well, but 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

On the topic of good friends, I would like to give a shout out (for the second time) to Alex Kleinmann for not only being my only friend to call be once, but now for being the only friend who has called me twice.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Jessica Biel...isn't she the girl from 7th Heaven? Is she in Israel, or was this a trans-Atlantic plan?

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holla!

So Adam,

I've decided on my "so called vacation" to watch Scrubs...all of it...from the beginning. It ain't the same without you watching Scrubs instead of studying for Marder's neuro class. Glad to know you're doing well and not breaking too many hearts with the ladies in Israel. Much love.

Yeah Rowdy, HIT THAT!

Alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home