Saturday, January 29, 2005

No News Is.....Boring

It seems like forever since my last blog, and that's because it has been. Let's catch everybody up on what's been going on with me of late.

First and foremost, as anyone who has tried calling my cellphone knows, I recently got a new cellphone complete with a matching new cellphone number: 054-8101-324 (or 011-972-54-81-1-324). I got the new phone because I don't have access to a landline while on the army base, and my new cellphone should be significantly cheaper now that I have access to special soldier plans.

Now, I bet you are all wondering: "Adam, I know you are in the army, and I know that you did an unimpressive basic training for sickly people, but what exactly do you do in the army?" The answer is that I currently serve in the Liaison and Foreign Relations Division of the of the army. The division deals with Israeli and Foreign military attaches, and coordinates international travel arrangements for military personnel. Primarily, I work with Americans. Basically, what this means is, I'm a secretary. At this point, I'm learning how the office works - sending faxes and answering phone calls among other things (these other things have the potential to be a little more interesting). The Hebrew is a bit difficult, but I'm learning a lot. I'm OK in basic conversation, but my reading and writing are a tad behind, and my vocabulary of technical terms is virtually non-existent. All of the people on the base are extremely nice and have really gone out of their way to help me with my Hebrew and to become acquainted with all things army.

That just about covers the basics, I'll be back with fun army stories in a few days. Until then, find some other way to procrastinate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home