Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Call of the Sea

I don't know if I have blogged about it before, but every four months my garin has a seminar. We arrange for everyone to get the same weekend off from the army and try to do some sort of fun activity and spend some quality time together as a group. This time around we went ocean kayaking into the caves at Rosh HaNikrah. Simply put, it was awesome. Very fun, great exercise, quality hanging out time. We also got to "rest" afterwards on a beautiful beach. In addition to reminding me how nice it is to hang out with my army "family" it also reminded me how much I enjoy the beach and the sea. Crashing into the waves and bodysurfing to the shore reminded me of some of the great times I used to have on Cape Cod with my extended family. It's funny how easy it is to forget something that you really enjoy. Like the wonders of sunburns.

I know I know...where is the big army news? It's coming. This week.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosh HaNikra is on the list of all-time favorite places in Israel.
I'm glad I get to read you periodically.
~Anna (Nativ19)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home