Sunday, October 16, 2005

Current Status

Instead of trying to write some all-encompassing summation of my current status I present you with a checklist of the basic life decisions that were put into flux by my release from the army.

Current Geographic Location – I’m back in the states for a month-long visit to Milwaukee, Chicago, Boston, and possibly Florida. If you want to try to work out a visit of some sort shoot me an e-mail.

Future Geographic Location – Right now the plan is to be in Israel for at least the next two and a half years. After that, we'll see depending on work/study plans.

Residence – Being out of the army means that I can’t really live on Kibbutz anymore. They aren’t kicking me out immediately, and I’m sure that I could crash in other people’s rooms or with my Kibbutz family, but basically there is little industry around the Kibbutz and it’s far from Michelle. While I look for a job I’ll probably split time between Kibbutz (until they oust me) and Haifa. If I find a job in Jerusalem then I’ll live there. If I find work in the Tel Aviv area I’ll try to rent in Modi’in (between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv).

Work – I don’t really know what I want to do at this point. I’m considering looking to paralegal for a patent attorney to decide if I want to enter that field but would also be happy with a biotech startup or a job in finance. And I would love a chance to manage. I don’t think I’ll wind up in academia at this point but it’s always a possibility.

Loose Army Ends – I was able to attain the rank of corporal before I was discharged. I’ll visit the base when I get back to Israel to have a slightly more relaxed goodbye with my coworkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home